Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Will Knoppix work on my PC?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    Will Knoppix work on my PC?

    I have somewhat of an old PC... An Intell Inside II IBM I think... Running Windows 98 as of now. I'm a huge windows hater, () and wanted to switch up to Linux. This probably is a simple question, and if it doesn't belong here, lock lock away.

    -acnxero

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Yea it can work. If windows 98 can work then knoppix should work fine. However KDE might be a little slow so you might want to try fluxbox or some other desktop manager. Press F2 at boot up and then look at the directions for how to do it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Also:

    When I get this set up, I'll be installing DSL on it. Will Knoppix affect my DSL?
    Will I have to reisnstall it when I get Knoppix set up? Or will it not work at all..?

    -acnxero

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by acnxero
    Also:

    When I get this set up, I'll be installing DSL on it. Will Knoppix affect my DSL?
    Will I have to reisnstall it when I get Knoppix set up? Or will it not work at all..?

    -acnxero
    Knoppix is a wonderful distro. I plugged my dsl right in and ran the netcardconfig and it found it in no time. When you install Knoppix or any distro for that matter, you will have to setup your dsl but most distros, including Knoppix, have automated utilties for that now. Should be a breeze! Good luck!

    Minnie000

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 - KDM on CD not work :(
    By pabloo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 11:17 PM
  2. Does knoppix 3.6 work for you?
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 10:15 PM
  3. How I got Knoppix to work
    By Mundaize in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 09:32 PM
  4. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
  5. USB WI-FI, Will it work with knoppix?
    By uraclea in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB

$24.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99