You should start the portmapper before:
sudo portmap
tom
Trying to do an NFS mount using the following command:
sudo mount -t nfs beaky:/mnt/vast /mnt/test
But the command never returns. All other networking seems fine eg. WWW, and I can ssh to beaky. The request is apparently authenticated by beaky, but that's all the info I can see.
Any suggestions, general NFS debugging hints gratefully accepted . . .
TIA,
Ian Smith
You should start the portmapper before:
sudo portmap
tom
Strangely enough, I have _just_ got this working using the command:
/etc/init.d/nfs-common restart
which presumably kicks the portmapper too. Thanks anyway!
BTW, for future reference, I'd suggest the following:
sudo /etc/init.d/portmap start
sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-common start

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00