You should start the portmapper before:
sudo portmap
tom
Trying to do an NFS mount using the following command:
sudo mount -t nfs beaky:/mnt/vast /mnt/test
But the command never returns. All other networking seems fine eg. WWW, and I can ssh to beaky. The request is apparently authenticated by beaky, but that's all the info I can see.
Any suggestions, general NFS debugging hints gratefully accepted . . .
TIA,
Ian Smith
You should start the portmapper before:
sudo portmap
tom
Strangely enough, I have _just_ got this working using the command:
/etc/init.d/nfs-common restart
which presumably kicks the portmapper too. Thanks anyway!
BTW, for future reference, I'd suggest the following:
sudo /etc/init.d/portmap start
sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-common start

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage
$200.00
Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99