-
nis - yp
How do I start nis to use yp? I changed the yp.conf file to have the domain host broadcast line, changed the nisdomainname and ypdomainname to be the yp domain.
Then I do a ./nis start which results in a serch, but no connection to the server.
-
NIS YP
Yeah I believe I want help in this area as well. I have a school project. the goal of the project is to create a remastered knoppix cd that requires users in a given subnet to log in using the schools NIS server. The idea behind this is to allow students to access accounts across the school through the schools NIS server. It seems pretty useful and I'm pretty excited about the project because it could actualy be distrubuted throughout our CS department.. That being said, I would appreciate any help on the subject.
cheers,
-
our problems with nis were solved by adding two lines to /etc/init.d/nis:
start ()
{
rm -fv /var/run/ypbind.pid # line added
/etc/init.d/portmap restart # line added
oname=`domainname`
nname=`cat /etc/defaultdomain`
in /etc/passwd we added:
+::::::
and in /etc/groups
+:::
and finally in /etc/fstab
192.168.10.1:/home /home nfs auto,defaults 0 0
since then it works fine.
boesche
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500 GB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00