-
installed 3.4 no root!!
Greetings,
I've installed Knoppix 3.4 on my Hdisk,but I've encountered few problems.
During installation I added the normal user emanuele but after reboot no emanuele user exists,instead I've got the usual knoppix user, and then, when I switch to root no pasword is requested,so often my apt-get update and others root administraion tools don't run regolarly.
Even no prompt login is offered when I get init 5, I mean grafic level.
any idea for solving the problems or maybe I did something wrong??
Thanks for your time and for enjoing a community like yours.
-
Senior Member
registered user
As said in another forum post, it sounds like you did a Knoppix-style install (where it runs off hard disk a lot like it does off the CD -- "knoppix" user; no root password required when you type "su"). You should probably reinstall it, doing a Debian-style install instead.
Similar Threads
-
By michi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By bcalder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
-
By rniles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
-
By Harami in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 03:09 AM
-
By philipx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99