Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Upgrading after hdd install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2

    Upgrading after hdd install

    hi all,
    I've just finished installing knoppix onto my hard drive without any problems . But I want to get clear on some of the things..

    1) Is there anything wrongt with the '/etc/apt/sources.list' file, 'cause when I do
    Code:
    apt-get update
    , I get lots of 'file not found' errors and will not be able to install anything. So I edited the sources file to contain only those packages from debian.org. Now, where can I get a list of working mirrors (stable, testing and unstable), so that I can do a nead update.

    2) If I have a good sources list file, will
    Code:
    apt-get update
    and
    Code:
    apt-get upgrade
    work properly as in Debian

    3) I am not able to install alsa properly. I get the following errors when I try to install alsa

    Code:
    apt-get -f install
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Correcting dependencies... Done
    The following extra packages will be installed:
      alsa-utils
    Suggested packages:
      alsadriver
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      alsa-utils
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 76 not upgraded.
    1 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0B/129kB of archives.
    After unpacking 381kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
    (Reading database ... 106700 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking alsa-utils (from .../alsa-utils_1.0.4-1_i386.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.4-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/alsamixer', which is also in package knx-alsa
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.4-1_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    26
    i posted how to update the mirrors of sources.list at the bottom over here http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10779

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2
    thanks for that,

    I will try it out

Similar Threads

  1. upgrading 3.6 - 3.7
    By mkyb14 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:03 PM
  2. Help with Upgrading KDE
    By naventus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:11 AM
  3. Can someone help me after upgrading hard drive install?
    By atko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
  4. Upgrading
    By Ander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 01:49 AM
  5. upgrading after Hdd Install to new version of Knoppix
    By mrnobody in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99