Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unable to write to USB Drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Unable to write to USB Drive

    I just purchased a Lexar 256mb Secure Jump Drive and want to boot a computer off Knoppix 3.8.1 CD and copy file onto usb drive. When I connect the usb drive I see a new icon on the desktop and can view the contents of the usb drive but can't save any files to it. I tried saving a text file I created as well as copying NTFS partition to the usb drive but can't write to usb drive. I am a newbie to Linux/Knoppix so any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Can you right click on the icon > actions > (something like) make read/write? (This from memory).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2
    I tried that but it seemed as if I might be changing the properties of the desktop shortcut not the drive itself. I need some command line instructions to test the drive and then to get more info as to why I can't write to it.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to write persistant files to HDD
    By Ham13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
  2. Unable to write to /mnt/hda1
    By mikeadams in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
  3. Unable to write to flash drive
    By kpfuser in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
  5. unable to write on windows box!!
    By Spacecube in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99