-
k3b cannot see files, so I can't navigate to them.
I'm trying Knoppix live on a Windows XP box, and trying to use K3B to burn a CD (I've never used a CD burner, someone gave me one that supposedly works). The files that I wish to burn are .wav files that I obtained using Azureus in Windows XP- and the .wav files play fine.
I can see the hard drives and Windows files just fine while in Knoppix's file manager- but if I try to burn a CD as per the instructions and pictures, it simply does not see the Windows files, so I can't even navigate to them to "drag and drop." Suggestions?
I've used linux only at the command line, restarting daemons and configuring Apache, etc. at work, but have never used a linux gui, and I don't consider myself linux proficient.
Also, since I've never burned a CD, I don't understand a basic concept that all faqs seem to assume you know- what file extensions are used? I know somewhere I've read that CDs are simply a collection of .wav files. I've also read somewhere that they are actually .iso files. And I'm sure I've read somewhere that they must first be converted to .iso's and then back to .wav and none of this makes the slightest bit of sense to me.
I suspect I'm missing a few facts considered too basic for anyone to even have to explain, but I've also found other message boards where people had the exact same problem, and got no response at all.
Thanks for the help; if it wasn't for my family absolutely requiring Windows for things that have no linux equivalent (vrml), I would have pitched Windows for good 8 years ago...
Similar Threads
-
By sunpascal in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:06 AM
-
By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
-
By Keithj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By newb90 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 12:40 AM
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99