-
apt-get update problems
I've been trying to install kscreensaver. One of the suggestions I found in another thread was to use "apt-get update". So this is what I've done -
start a shell
enter su
enter apt-get update
Things run along OK for a short time then I get a, seemingly, never ending string of
My "etc/apt/sources.list" reads
I beleive this is the "default" list from the HD install, Knoppix 3.3
Help! What have I done wrong?
-
Senior Member
registered user
according to erlier posts you could change:
to:
that is remove the 2 after http://ftp and try again
-
Senior Member
registered user
Could not connect to http://ftp2.de.debian.org means that server is not up to date anymore. Change in your sourcelist (as root) using an editor that adress in http://ftp.de.debian.org. Then you probably will be able to update with apt-get.
-
-
Junior Member
registered user
well the more proper way to do this... i think
is to run..
apt-spy
apt-get update
apt-get install base-config
apt-setup
once you have apt-setup you can just run that to update your mirrors.. apt-spy will do it too but does it a lot slower...
one more thing... you'll have to download apt-spy first.. you can get as a .deb and do a dpkg -i for it or you can use the kpackage manager under the kmenu>system>kpackage
-
Just a quick question.
I want to go this route (apt-spy). I have installed apt-spy already, but when running apt-spy (as root) I get a list of the options to go with apt-spy (i.e. -d distribution, -c config, etc).
Excuse my newbieness, but how do I get apt-spy to output to /etc/apt/sources.list?
Thanks for the help you've given already.
Jerry

Originally Posted by
PROhan
well the more proper way to do this... i think
is to run..
apt-spy
apt-get update
apt-get install base-config
apt-setup
once you have apt-setup you can just run that to update your mirrors.. apt-spy will do it too but does it a lot slower...
one more thing... you'll have to download apt-spy first.. you can get as a .deb and do a dpkg -i for it or you can use the kpackage manager under the kmenu>system>kpackage
-
Junior Member
registered user
you know that happened to me too.... and i couldnt figure out why it was happening but try apt-spy update... i dont remember that working for me either..
so i did a dpkg -P apt-spy
then reinstalled it... try using the package given on debian's site (because that's what I used)
-

Originally Posted by
PROhan
you know that happened to me too.... and i couldnt figure out why it was happening but try apt-spy update... i dont remember that working for me either..
so i did a dpkg -P apt-spy
then reinstalled it... try using the package given on debian's site (because that's what I used)
Thanks PROhan, I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home.
Thanks
Jerry
-
Junior Member
registered user
hmm ok screw apt-spy if it didnt work
just get apt-setup from http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/base-config
and dpkg -i it...[/code]
Similar Threads
-
By nosknoppix in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
-
By indocafe in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 06:57 PM
-
By aay in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 03:01 PM
-
By fina in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 07:16 PM
-
By eporue in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

PARTS ONLY* Kingston Fury Renegade Pro 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 Server RAM KF556R36RB-32
$599.99

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00