according to erlier posts you could change:
to:
that is remove the 2 after http://ftp and try again
I've been trying to install kscreensaver. One of the suggestions I found in another thread was to use "apt-get update". So this is what I've done -
Things run along OK for a short time then I get a, seemingly, never ending string ofstart a shell
enter su
enter apt-get update
My "etc/apt/sources.list" readsCode:Get:8 ftp://ftp.gwdg.de unstable/non-free Release Ign ftp://ftp.gwdg.de unstable/non-free Release Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages Could not connect to ftp2.de.debian.org:80 (195.71.9.196), connection timed out Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Release Could not connect to ftp2.de.debian.org:80 (195.71.9.196), connection timed out Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/contrib Packages
I beleive this is the "default" list from the HD install, Knoppix 3.3# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
# Security updates for "stable"
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
# Stable
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
# Sources
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
# Testing
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
# Sources
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
# Unstable
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
# Sources
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
# Experimental
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
# Mozilla
deb http://non-us.debian.org/~kitame/mozilla ./
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/~kitame/mozilla ./
# GNOME 2.0
# deb http://www.gnome.de/debian/ ./
# KDE 3
# deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
# deb-src http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
# We get packages from testing/unstable for now
# cdbakeoven
# deb http://coyote.asoc.euitt.upm.es/mud/debian/ ./
# XFree 4.2/4.3
deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/packages sid/i386/
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~branden/packages sid/source/
# deb http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/i386 ./
# deb-src http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/source ./
# Java
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody main non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody main non-free
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable main non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable main non-free
# deb http://people.debian.org/~sgybas/jdk13
# LyX & others (now in debian/unstable)
# deb ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian unofficial/
# deb-src ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian unofficial/
# Evolution
#deb ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/debian stable main
#deb-src ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/debian stable main
# Blades Repository (pppoeconf & co)
deb http://people.debian.org/~blade/testing ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~blade/testing ./
# Wine CVS snapshot
# deb http://people.debian.org/~andreas/debian wine main
# deb-src http://people.debian.org/~andreas/debian wine main
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r3 _Potato_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20010427)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
Help! What have I done wrong?![]()
according to erlier posts you could change:
to:
that is remove the 2 after http://ftp and try again
Could not connect to http://ftp2.de.debian.org means that server is not up to date anymore. Change in your sourcelist (as root) using an editor that adress in http://ftp.de.debian.org. Then you probably will be able to update with apt-get.
Thanks I think I got it now. Had to do achanged all theemacs /etc/apt/sources.listto//ftp2.deand ren//ftp.deone more time...apt-get update
thanks for all your help
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
well the more proper way to do this... i think
is to run..
apt-spy
apt-get update
apt-get install base-config
apt-setup
once you have apt-setup you can just run that to update your mirrors.. apt-spy will do it too but does it a lot slower...
one more thing... you'll have to download apt-spy first.. you can get as a .deb and do a dpkg -i for it or you can use the kpackage manager under the kmenu>system>kpackage
Just a quick question.
I want to go this route (apt-spy). I have installed apt-spy already, but when running apt-spy (as root) I get a list of the options to go with apt-spy (i.e. -d distribution, -c config, etc).
Excuse my newbieness, but how do I get apt-spy to output to /etc/apt/sources.list?
Thanks for the help you've given already.
Jerry
Originally Posted by PROhan
you know that happened to me too.... and i couldnt figure out why it was happening but try apt-spy update... i dont remember that working for me either..
so i did a dpkg -P apt-spy
then reinstalled it... try using the package given on debian's site (because that's what I used)
Thanks PROhan, I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home.Originally Posted by PROhan
Thanks
Jerry
hmm ok screw apt-spy if it didnt work
just get apt-setup from http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/base-config
and dpkg -i it...[/code]

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory
$199.95
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79