Hi all,

I'm a Linux newbie, I recently got my hands on Knoppix 3.1, hoping to use it on my fathers laptop, that way I could show him Linux and not have to 'do anything' to his current M$ install. However it's not the newest laptop and you have to replace the floppy drive with the CD drive, AND it can't boot from the CD Drive (drive doesn't support it). So I can't boot from floppy and have a CD drive, and can't boot from a CD.

I wonder would it be possible to install some sort of boot loader to allow
him to load M$ as normal but also to make some small bootable partition with the Knoppix floppy image on. It's a bit far from not 'doing anything' to his laptop but would be nice to get it on there, this is only idea I've got and no real idea how to do it.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

James