-
Senior Member
registered user
--I have a Latitude also. The problem with hot-swapping the floppy and CD is (I think) the kernel doesn't get notified. I leave the CD in, and have the parallel-port adapter for the floppy. Here is a google link, you can probably find it for less:
http://www.laptopsetc.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=61
http://www.jungleblurbs.com/dell/Flo...15003762.shtml
--If you boot with the Zip 250 plugged in, it should be /dev/sda4. You can confirm this with - as root - ' fdisk -l /dev/sd? '

Originally Posted by
z123
on the topic of hot swappable drives and whatnot I have a dell latitude, I have a number of drives that i would like to use on it.
Zip 250
CD-ROM
Floppy
Allready loaded it to the HD, that worked great. Can't praise enough the:
knx-hdinstall
command. That was so simple. And once I figured out that the swap file was number 82 it made life even easier. The only problem is when I'm on the desktop of knoppix I can't seem to hotswap the drives to access the floppy or the zip or the cd-rom. I have to reboot everytime to access the floppy or cd-rom, I have never gotten the zip to work on knoppix 3.2 yet.
Ideas on how to accomplish this would be great.
Similar Threads
-
By TheLaxPlayer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By Generix in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
-
By twotees in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 05:49 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 04:05 AM
-
By linpin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00