Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Video card BusId??

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Posts
    21

    Video card BusId??

    Help! At present, I'm using Knoppix 3.3. I'm trying to learn Debian by installing Debian 3.0r2 on my wifes machine, which uses a Matrox G550 video card. The install program asks for the Video card Bus id in "PCI:NN:NN:NN format. I tried typing lspci, which came up with my video card type but no bus numbers. So far, xserver-xfree86 does not work. I do get a promt.
    Help would be much appreciated

    Jesse (W6KKT)

    P4 3.6 ghz water-cooled

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Posts
    21

    Update

    I changed video cards to ATI Radion 8500LE. Debian xserver-Xfree86 still does not see my agp video card. I ran scan pci and the number are:
    Bus 0x1 Device 0x514c Function 0x0000 So far, I have tried:
    PCI:1:0:0, PCI:0:0:0, PCI:1:0:0 PCI:1:0:4 and PCI:0:0:4 with no fix. Knoppix see's my card, but Debian installer doesn't seem to work.

Similar Threads

  1. Video Card
    By MSPirate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 04:21 AM
  2. ATI Video Card driver
    By Stas in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 03:18 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
  4. Which video card should I buy
    By soapee01 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 10:47 AM
  5. video card
    By Jason in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance picture

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance

$29.99



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21