Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Video card BusId??

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Posts
    21

    Video card BusId??

    Help! At present, I'm using Knoppix 3.3. I'm trying to learn Debian by installing Debian 3.0r2 on my wifes machine, which uses a Matrox G550 video card. The install program asks for the Video card Bus id in "PCI:NN:NN:NN format. I tried typing lspci, which came up with my video card type but no bus numbers. So far, xserver-xfree86 does not work. I do get a promt.
    Help would be much appreciated

    Jesse (W6KKT)

    P4 3.6 ghz water-cooled

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington
    Posts
    21

    Update

    I changed video cards to ATI Radion 8500LE. Debian xserver-Xfree86 still does not see my agp video card. I ran scan pci and the number are:
    Bus 0x1 Device 0x514c Function 0x0000 So far, I have tried:
    PCI:1:0:0, PCI:0:0:0, PCI:1:0:0 PCI:1:0:4 and PCI:0:0:4 with no fix. Knoppix see's my card, but Debian installer doesn't seem to work.

Similar Threads

  1. Video Card
    By MSPirate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 04:21 AM
  2. ATI Video Card driver
    By Stas in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 03:18 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
  4. Which video card should I buy
    By soapee01 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 10:47 AM
  5. video card
    By Jason in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY

$550.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX picture

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX

$42.00



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00