Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: MediaPackKnoppix

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199

    MediaPackKnoppix

    I am planning on making a multimedia knoppix.

    I will add things like filmgimp, and virtual heroine....

    Any thing else that would be nice to have on on?


    Any other modifications off the stock knoppix?
    This is going to be a demo disk to show off the power of linux, by giving some of my friends(and others) the ability to make music videos, using high quality programs that are not compairable to anything free in the windows world...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6

    tight

    Great idea but its missing somehting.... GAMES!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    57

    OGLE!!!!

    Pls add ogle and ogle_gui!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199

    Re: tight

    Quote Originally Posted by agent
    Great idea but its missing somehting.... GAMES!
    The first gen- cd is based off of knoppix, and I only removed the games needing gnome....

    I also added tux racer, and I am thinking about adding some more opensource games... list some you would like to see.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199

    Re: OGLE!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd
    Pls add ogle and ogle_gui!
    they are now on the list... I am considering adding this to it....





    http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3 I am debateing if i should try or not....

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    The first release of mediapackknoppix is finished.
    it has,
    ogle
    ogle gui
    cinelerra
    mplayer
    xmovie
    tkpaint
    filmgimp


    and all the original graphical and multimedia tools of the orginal knoppix. I cut the Koffice and OO.o, as well as gnome.

    I am looking for a server to host a copy on as well as a small site for it... any suggestions?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3
    How much disk space do You need on a server ?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    i am thinking about 1500 mb..... just enough for two isos at a time and a decent page....

    I figure I can but the current iso up, then when the next revision comes out put that one up, and then stop sharing the old one as soon as all users disconnect.... this is not a huge project at this time.. mainly some light mods of the original knoppix.



    For any one interestted, I am currently getiing MythTv working... seems i need to learn a bit of mySQL to get it going.....

    After that, I will be working on a clusterable DVD ripper to go with the clustering movie editor/renderer I already have on there.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3
    i am thinking about 1500 mb.....

    It is too lot




    I am currently getiing MythTv working...
    What do You thing about Freevo ?

    Could You add Lirc to Your project ?

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    i am more than willing to see about adding those two.. I will look into it, at least....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY picture

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY

$600.00



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$8599.00



Lot of 12 Samsung 64GB PC4-2933Y RDIMM Server Memory RAM M386A8K40DM2 - Tested picture

Lot of 12 Samsung 64GB PC4-2933Y RDIMM Server Memory RAM M386A8K40DM2 - Tested

$4800.00



32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM picture

32GB Kit 4x8GB Wintec DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM VLP Server RAM

$80.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00