When I telnet to another host the user id "knoppix" is already entered. How/where can I turn this off?? Thanks for any help!!
When I telnet to another host the user id "knoppix" is already entered. How/where can I turn this off?? Thanks for any help!!
$ telnet --help
telnet: invalid option -- -
Usage: telnet [-4] [-6] [-8] [-E] [-K] [-L] [-X atype] [-a] [-d] [-e char]
[-l user] [-n tracefile] [-r]
[-z ssl] [-z secure] [-z debug] [-z verify=int]
[-z cert=file] [-z key=file]
[host-name [port]]
You pretty much want to run `telnet -l my_desired_username hostname`
where my_desired_username should be obvious, and hostname is whatever you're already typing in as the server name.
P.S. And yes, I know that --help was not a valid option, but it got the answer. I'd really recommend reading the man page
.
Thanks for the response but I'd like to configure it in such a way were I don't have to pass a parameter to telnet. This is also not an alias and I was wondering where telnet get the $USER value.

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules
$30.00