Great idea but its missing somehting.... GAMES!
I am planning on making a multimedia knoppix.
I will add things like filmgimp, and virtual heroine....
Any thing else that would be nice to have on on?
Any other modifications off the stock knoppix?
This is going to be a demo disk to show off the power of linux, by giving some of my friends(and others) the ability to make music videos, using high quality programs that are not compairable to anything free in the windows world...
Great idea but its missing somehting.... GAMES!
Pls add ogle and ogle_gui!
The first gen- cd is based off of knoppix, and I only removed the games needing gnome....Originally Posted by agent
I also added tux racer, and I am thinking about adding some more opensource games... list some you would like to see.
they are now on the list... I am considering adding this to it....Originally Posted by Phredd
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3 I am debateing if i should try or not....
The first release of mediapackknoppix is finished.
it has,
ogle
ogle gui
cinelerra
mplayer
xmovie
tkpaint
filmgimp
and all the original graphical and multimedia tools of the orginal knoppix. I cut the Koffice and OO.o, as well as gnome.
I am looking for a server to host a copy on as well as a small site for it... any suggestions?
How much disk space do You need on a server ?
i am thinking about 1500 mb..... just enough for two isos at a time and a decent page....
I figure I can but the current iso up, then when the next revision comes out put that one up, and then stop sharing the old one as soon as all users disconnect.... this is not a huge project at this time.. mainly some light mods of the original knoppix.
For any one interestted, I am currently getiing MythTv working... seems i need to learn a bit of mySQL to get it going.....
After that, I will be working on a clusterable DVD ripper to go with the clustering movie editor/renderer I already have on there.
i am thinking about 1500 mb.....
It is too lot
What do You thing about Freevo ?I am currently getiing MythTv working...
Could You add Lirc to Your project ?
i am more than willing to see about adding those two.. I will look into it, at least....

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99