Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: MediaPackKnoppix

  1. #41
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by god
    the ultimat plan is to get freevo (on CD now) working, and mythTV, but htey are a bit beyond my scope at the moment...
    Freevo and other tivo like pvr solutions are great additions too, but only play the recordings they make. These tivo clones also take over and don't really allow for use of the PC for other things like web browsing, email. Which to be of the most use a media PC needs to do these in addition to playing DVD, xVCD, MP3, CD-A etc..

    DVArchive would allow those who have ReplayTV units to play the recordings in other rooms on TV's and/or PC's using small ITX based media PC's.

  2. #42
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    good point bth of you.... *goes back to thinking*

  3. #43
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31
    Hi!

    I'd like to know if you have made a MD5 key of your ISO?

    So i'd like to know which licence did you choose...

    Thks a lot for details!

  4. #44
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    I neglected to make an MD5 sum... i will get on that as soon as i am back at the computer with the files on it...

    What do you mean by which liscense did i choose? It is just a remaster of standard knoppix 3.1, so what ever liscence that falls under should apply.... I only added GPL programs....

  5. #45
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    10

    I love this stuff

    I am truly impressed. If we get Blender in there, this would be my main Knoppix (or is it Meadiaknoppix? ) CDROM

    I already have like 5 ISOs I use... Some Morphix and some Knoppix

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4

    Freevo on Knoppix

    Hi,

    I'm glad that someone else started working on this.

    I've been working on getting freevo working along with xmltv on knoppix, but now that this is avialable I can start working on getting it to work in mediaknoppix.

    The way I wanted to approach it is so that when you put the knoppix cd in, you would boot directly into freevo, but as of right now I don't even know if that is possible.

    I will keep you guys posted about any progress.

  7. #47
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    31

    MediaLinux of Opensourcelab.it

    We are creating a remastered version of Knoppix 3.2 containing more than 200 multimedia apllications only from unstable and experimental sources.
    We use fluxbox as a window manager for his low consuming hardware and the little space of disk it takes. Included in multimedialinux is cinelerra, moonlight3d and jazz++ , that are not already .deb packetized. We are going to add more as soon as we resolve some problems of libraries that conflicts ( basically many programs are dfepending on libvorbis0a wich you have to remove to install libvorbis0 that many other programs require ).
    If you want I can upload the iso to your site for having better feedback.
    By the way, our mastering wrtk is based on the istructions we posted in WORKING INSTRUCTIONS post by Marco Ghirlanda. These instructions seems to produce a high quality knoppix, as fast as the original. Fell free to ask any question you want to know.
    Keep spreading opensource philosophy and soon we will have a better world

    Hope it helps, Marco Ghirlanda [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1
    I dont know if you are still looking for a web host, but I came accross http://www.5gbhosting.com/

  9. #49
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    14
    How about putting on povray, yafray, blender, yable and an openmosix patched kernel?

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2
    hi
    it seems to be unpossible -at least for me- to download mediapackknoppix from ftp://ftp.mediapackknoppix/Knoppix.
    I tried it 3times.
    Firt time dl broke dowm at 25%, second time at 99% and third time
    at~82%. I have long experience in dl.
    WHATS ON?????????
    Bye god
    greetings from nogod

    Q: whats your emailaddress?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU picture

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU

$1100.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00



DELL PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2690v4 2.6GHz =28 Cores 64GB H730 4xRJ45 picture

DELL PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2690v4 2.6GHz =28 Cores 64GB H730 4xRJ45

$653.00