-
static DNS problem !
Ok, so I edit the reolv.conf, putting in my two DNS IP's and run the PPPOE config utility AFTER having done so.
Here I click "no" when asked if the resolv.conf should be updated automatically....
And still it updates the DNS's, which unables the connection..
What am I doing wrong, is there a way round this ? So I wouldn't have to edit the resolv.conf every time I start up the machine..
btw, I'm dual-booting with win2000.
-
Senior Member
registered user
a dirty trick:
as root:
Code:
chmod a-w /etc/resolv.conf
this should probit writing to the file.
Perhaps you get an errormessage from the program, which tries to write to the file, and can change that program instead.
Please reply if it works.
-
I tried the trick, found a link /etc/resolv.conf -> /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf and did the same to that file.
DHCP broadcasting ... backgrounding when rebooting and when I check the reolv.conf it's got a local area IP.
I'm on a homepna (pppoe) connection.
Similar Threads
-
By cooldude_i2k in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 05:45 AM
-
By hoy_128 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By beecee in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:05 PM
-
By jaimefe in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE DL385 Gen10 Plus 2x EPYC 7513 1024GB DDR4 RAM 6x 6.4TB 2x 800G SAS 100G RAID
$54229.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95