Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: No display on monitor

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    No display on monitor

    Hi everyone. This is my first post here. Yesterday I tried booting into my Knoppix-STD cd and I go to the screen with the little linux penguin and it was conifiguring the hardware or whatever, and then it stopped outputting to my monitor. The same thing happened when I tried PHLAK. I haven't booted into these cd's before so this is the first time. I have an LCD on my desktop if that makes a difference. What do I need to do for this to work? Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    AragornWanabe,

    Hmmmm, the problem could be your video card, your monitor, or something that is being auto-detected and not starting as expected, during the boot....

    What I would do -=- search Knoppix.Net for any video related boot issues. This is a common problem, and many have posted problems during the "penguin" boot screen, and many have gotten it resolved with almost "every" combination of cheatcodes on the "boot:" prompt.

    Try typing "boot problem" in the Search Knoppix.net box above, and view the results that look like they apply to your situation. This problem can be your monitor not being able to handle the refresh rate or resolution that your video card is asking it to do, or your video card not being able to do what Knoppix is telling it to do, or Knoppix is trying to start a service, or hardware, that it detected during the "penguin" screen, they appears to not want to start.

    I could suggest some cheat codes for you to try, but, I have suggested these codes before for others, and sometimes they work, and on other situations, they haven't. Thats why I think reading past posts of video problems may better resolve your boot problem, someone has probably had the exact same problem you are having, with the same hardware configuration, and they got it resolved in there post.

    So, try the search method first, if you can't find a resolve for your situation, post back, and I "promise" to help you out.... Someone else might want to go with this, but, I am sure you can find your answer in a previous post.

    Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Display
    By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 12:58 AM
  2. Display
    By illcuban in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 07:14 PM
  3. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
  4. cannot get x to display
    By jclochesy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 11:04 AM
  5. X display problem
    By Ancer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



Lot of 4 x Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2666V-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ (1829) Server RAM picture

Lot of 4 x Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2666V-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ (1829) Server RAM

$750.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM

$114.95



2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17 picture

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17

$3.35