-
Junior Member
registered user
in to deep
ok so i'm new to linux....... ok so i want it do work straight away............ ok I've learnt that it aint gonna happen. just a couple of points i put to myself today while trying to work everything out at once.
why did i choose this OS?
answer: easy i got sick of windows or windoze I'm more orientated to the the later why beacuse it's so damn user and un user friendly. Why did i choose knoppix the challenge i guess. I consider myself an expert in computing or my friends do but when i look it's seems i know less than 1% of whats going on so i guess it's an easy question or maybe not (pesemist or optamist) oh excuse the spelling i fell asleep in engilsh.
I'll tell you a story about my dream job.
For years, and I'm talkin 25 +, i wanted to drive trucks. I'd go to truck show go to work with my old man anything to get out on the black top and be free. I finally got there and you know what i noticed???????? i was never more than 3 feet from my computer. sad yes..... addicted yes..... courious..................... every second.
so what am i getting at.......... knowledge ( i want it you want it we want it)
I've read the FAQ's i've read the posts in the forum but it's all bit here bit there. No doubt in a few weeks time i'll be askin the same questions posted here. No doubt I'll be trying to find out the password for root cause it won't let me modify files.... no doubt i'll wanna know how to get my alcatel speedtouch connected to the net... what i really want to know is where should i start???????????? at the moment it seems to be get it booted up then stop.
go to the middle then stop.
start again then stop
( i guess you get the picture)
so i guess there is no Knoppix for dummies?
or teach yourself Knoppix in 24 hours.
but where do i start when i've never seen anything like this before????
if you've taken the time to read this and thought what a load of Bo**ox then sorry. then sorry but we all have to start some where. plus i don't really care what you think.
if you've read this and reaplied with HELP then thanks very much and know doubt you'll hear from me again and maybe some time in the futre I might be able to help you .
Liquid
Lost and confused
Similar Threads
-
By BillS in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

Samsung M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q 32 GB DDR4 PC4-17000 2133Mhz ECC RDIMM RAM Memory
$215.00

SAMSUNG 990 EVO PLUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4/ 5.0 x2 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V9S1T0B/AM)
$189.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung 2TB 9100 PRO 14,700MB/s PCIe 5.0 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-VAP2T0B/AM)
$399.49

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00