Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Programs lauching at startup?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    15

    Programs lauching at startup?

    3.4 installed on HD, using KDE.

    Hi Again,

    I have 3 apps that automatically lauch at startup. Seems I left those 3 apps open when shutting down. What can I do to keep them from lauching. They are the volume control, gaim ane Kaffiene.

    Obs.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hmmmmm,

    Stupid answer follows, my best shot, without going technical [giggle]

    Have you tried closing them, and then rebooting? (my thinking on this: if you left them open, and they restarted on reboot, maybe, closing them before rebooting, may, not start them again [?)

    I know, I know, stupid answer, but its a shot...
    Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Hi,

    Yes, I have tried that. But they still launch at startup.

    Obs,
    P.S. Life is good if this is my only problem using Linux eh

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Only thing I can help with is the Volume Control, the other two issues, I don't, or haven't, run...

    Add into this, I am running v3.3, so not sure if this will help on the newer version, but, I'll give it a try...

    I know in v3.3, the Volume Control has an option to show the icon on the "tray" (windows jargon, I know). Since adding ALSA on my system, the volume control was useless, because you have to use "alsamixer" instead, and I found the "settings" for the volume control, either by right-clicking on the "tray" icon, or maybe it was inside Control Center (?) -=- I take it you also are getting the speaker icon in the "tray" as well (?) try r-clicking on it, and then close the window.

    ( I hate not having the newer version, this isn't the way I helped out in Win98 support... We tried to help by causing our systems to go through the same thing as the customer, and then walked them through how to resolve it. (and I can't do that, sorry) )

    Hope this helps, though,
    Ms. Cuddles

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by obsoleto
    Hi,

    Yes, I have tried that. But they still launch at startup.

    Obs,
    P.S. Life is good if this is my only problem using Linux eh
    Hei

    Try Session manager in Control center - start with an empty session at login..

    mvh

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    26
    I think should work...

    drag a new Link to Application in /home/YOURUSERNAME/.kde/Autostart

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by obsoleto
    Hi,

    Yes, I have tried that. But they still launch at startup.

    Obs,
    P.S. Life is good if this is my only problem using Linux eh
    Close the apps, and save your session. Then change your configuraion to manual save so that it doesn't automatically save it.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by cintra
    Quote Originally Posted by obsoleto
    Hi,

    Yes, I have tried that. But they still launch at startup.

    Obs,
    P.S. Life is good if this is my only problem using Linux eh
    Hei

    Try Session manager in Control center - start with an empty session at login..

    mvh
    Thanks all. This did the trick.

    Obs

Similar Threads

  1. where do i get wiz or other programs i can run exe with
    By sonicdragon14 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM
  2. Programs that just die
    By el_santo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 01:04 PM
  3. Programs will not run
    By dvest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 06:40 AM
  4. Design Programs
    By thegroover in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:59 AM
  5. Startup
    By manghat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72