Hi,
I'm busy remastering Knoppix v3.4 according to the Howto on this site, but when I make the final iso, it ends up being 717Mb and K3b doesn't like that![]()
Hi,
I'm busy remastering Knoppix v3.4 according to the Howto on this site, but when I make the final iso, it ends up being 717Mb and K3b doesn't like that![]()
You should remove some packages to keep the iso size down. tetex packages are good to get rid of and should clear up 60+MB if you have not removed them already. There are also several web browsers and text editors which are redundant (you only need one or two of each instead of 5 or 6).
Thanks, I'll do that, but how do the Knoppix guys get all that down to <700Mb in the first place?
Use the -b switch on create_compressed_fs. That's what the Knoppix guys do - it's slower, but uses a better compression schema.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Slow is good if compression comes too.Originally Posted by TyphoonMentat
Would that work like this?
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs -b > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core i7-10700KF CPU 3.8GHz Socket LGA1200 SRH74 Desktop Processor
$149.99