-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: no network after hdd install using the debian option

Originally Posted by
drevil
I am new to linux so there must be something obvious I am missing. I install to hdd using the
newbie option and everything works fine, so I tried to follow the instruction on
godot.studentenweb.org to used the debian install option. But after rebooting the ethernet
is not started. Can anyone help? Thanks.
I am using a Fujitsu S6120 laptop and I am very happy the speedstep stuff is supported, so
that there is no more annoying fan (which is what turned me off all other linux distributions because I don't know how to recompile kernell).
Actually can someone tell me what the difference between the two options are?
Dude......all that typing and you don't even bother to mention what NIC you have?! Anyway.....are the modules loaded?
I just might be able to tell you which modules they are if I had some clue as to what card you have. 
You can always try
and see if that brings it up. If so just add that to the end of /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
Similar Threads
-
By daneel101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:20 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 05:03 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By Kruemel in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 09:34 PM
-
By redsea2002 in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00