-
lexmark z42 and knoppix 3.4
Hi:
I am trying to install my printer ( lexmark z42 usb ) in my new knoppix through cups ( localhost:631 ).
I click in add printer, give a name, location and description.
Device is USB Printer # 1 (Lexmark Z42), click on continue and when i get the next screen there is no support for lexmark, I only get RAW, DANKA, DIMO, EPSON, HP, OKIDATA.
How do I add support for my lexmark printer? I had it installed in my old knoppix and it worked perfect. What happen?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Make sure you have all the foomatic and ijsgimpprint pkgs on your system (foomatic-db-gimp-print and dependencies). I have a z43 which I had a hard time getting going with kanotix and newer knoppix though knoppix 3.3 installed fine. The only driver for my z43 that's working for me is just the z43 foomatic/gimp-print-ijs, the "recommended" driver which is z42/43 didn't work.
-
I probed with this driver and works perfectly, thanks so much
Similar Threads
-
By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By tgieddie84 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
-
By pfmrof in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 02:53 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 05:41 PM
-
By Butch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 02:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Dell EMC 4TB 7.2K SAS SED 6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD, 118000762
$75.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95