Note if you have problem with QTParted. I was using qtparted to make a new partition and it appeared to succeed. Anyhow, when I
rebooted, the computer would not reboot past the logo and I could not access bios adjustments nor would floppy or dvd/cd drive able to access. If you have this problem I found that the only way to get back into the hard drive was to remove the data ribbon cable from the hard drive and then put in the winxp disk and/or linux disk to make repairs. After the repair or rescue comes up, plug back in the data cable and you should be able to write to the hard drive. (I know, you're not supposed to plug in ribbon cable with power on) but what was I to do? Keep in mind that the floppy and dvd/cd drives would not be recognized. Good luck and I hope this helps someone.
pgk![]()

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00