-
Junior Member
registered user
how to force remove a half-installed package?
I have installed knoppix 3.4 on HD, and am using 2.6.6 (from 2004/05/17).
I was removing all those games that I don't need, and one of them is giving all kinds of trouble, namely frozen-bubble-data.
Removing frozen-bubble ...
Purging configuration files for frozen-bubble ...
dpkg: error processing frozen-bubble-data (--remove):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
Errors were encountered while processing:
frozen-bubble-data
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I tried to different remove method (purge, force overwrite, reinstall, etc), it just doesn't work.
I tried to re-install, but it complains that the downloaded deb package has no script. Is there any other way (even manual) that I can get rid of this stupid thing?
TIA
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum Games
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
-
By Baby_Face in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 02:52 PM
-
By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By Coorme in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 07:08 PM
-
By c01100011 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95