-
Re: An offer (someone) can't refuse...

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
Ok, I am seriously bummed on not being able to "see", let alone "download", the new version of Knoppix v3.4 - problems: a 56k dial-up connection, and a "small" town that probably has wiring that was used in Alexander Bell's time.
Can someone, who has a "working" v3.4 - hopefully, from what I hear, the one that isn't buggy, send me a working burnt CD of it, and I will trade you 3 CDR's for the deal??? ( I'll even return your CD Jewel case to you )
This contract will ultimately turn into a hard drive install on my system, since I am currently running v3.3 hard drive installed, I will want to copy off any configs, and docs, on this system install, gut, and install v3.4, and get it working with old configs - hopefully.
Current System Setup:
AMD 1700 XP
(external) seriel port modem/fax
80 gb (secondary - backup) hard drive
41 gb (primary) hard drive w/ Knoppix v3.3 and swap
512 mb RAM
On-motherboard video (not used) and a AGP NVidia GeForce4 (used) video setup
No network card, standard wheel PS/2 mouse, and MS natural keyboard.
Monitor is a ViewSonic ViewPanel VA700
On-motherboard sound card, with out going to monitor and external amplifier, in from external amplifier, no microphone usage.
ALSA (kind of) working, using cheatcode "alsa" and then hard drive installing.
I am feeling like I can't help anyone because I am not running the current version here, and want to be able to help, but fear that the version differances are getting in the way...
Thanks to anyone, and everyone, for any assistance,
Ms. Cuddles
if you still need a cd i will burn one for you
email me at [email protected]
don't mind the .gr ; i am in the US too
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$333.99