-
Junior Member
registered user
ext3-FS mounted as ext2
Hi,
I am using a hd installation from Knoppix 3.4( (2004.05.17) with Kernel 2.6.5
It works fine, but the root-filesystem is not journailed
dmesg issues:
Code:
RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 4194304
EXT2-fs warning (device hda4): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
I have inspected initrd.img-2.6.5:
All files ot the initrd-image a readable (I copied them after mount -o loop into a tar-archive)
Question: Has anyyone this error too?
du issues (all files of the initrd): 9961
Where do I found the size of the ramdisk?
Greetings from Munich
Jones
-
Junior Member
registered user
I found the trick!
My boot manager is GRUB, not LILO. In the /etc/lilo.conf built from knoppix_install I found the solution: ramdisk_size=100000
Now I have appended this to the grub/menu.lst and I am happy (
)
Similar Threads
-
By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
-
By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
-
By Rivendell in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By gwylion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$258.17

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73