I found the trick!
My boot manager is GRUB, not LILO. In the /etc/lilo.conf built from knoppix_install I found the solution: ramdisk_size=100000
Now I have appended this to the grub/menu.lst and I am happy ()
Hi,
I am using a hd installation from Knoppix 3.4( (2004.05.17) with Kernel 2.6.5
It works fine, but the root-filesystem is not journailed
dmesg issues:
I have inspected initrd.img-2.6.5:Code:RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0 RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 4194304 EXT2-fs warning (device hda4): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
All files ot the initrd-image a readable (I copied them after mount -o loop into a tar-archive)
Question: Has anyyone this error too?
du issues (all files of the initrd): 9961
Where do I found the size of the ramdisk?
Greetings from Munich
Jones
I found the trick!
My boot manager is GRUB, not LILO. In the /etc/lilo.conf built from knoppix_install I found the solution: ramdisk_size=100000
Now I have appended this to the grub/menu.lst and I am happy ()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99