Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ext3-FS mounted as ext2

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    24

    ext3-FS mounted as ext2

    Hi,

    I am using a hd installation from Knoppix 3.4( (2004.05.17) with Kernel 2.6.5
    It works fine, but the root-filesystem is not journailed
    dmesg issues:
    Code:
    RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
    RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 4194304
    EXT2-fs warning (device hda4): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
    I have inspected initrd.img-2.6.5:
    All files ot the initrd-image a readable (I copied them after mount -o loop into a tar-archive)

    Question: Has anyyone this error too?

    du issues (all files of the initrd): 9961

    Where do I found the size of the ramdisk?
    Greetings from Munich
    Jones

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    24
    I found the trick!
    My boot manager is GRUB, not LILO. In the /etc/lilo.conf built from knoppix_install I found the solution: ramdisk_size=100000
    Now I have appended this to the grub/menu.lst and I am happy ()

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS -> ext2
    By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  2. ext3 as ext2 HELP!!!
    By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. ext2 doesn't mount
    By Rivendell in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  4. ext3 mounted as ext2(solved)
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  5. ERROR!: System incorrectly mounts EXT3 filesystem as EXT2
    By gwylion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 03:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00