I found the trick!
My boot manager is GRUB, not LILO. In the /etc/lilo.conf built from knoppix_install I found the solution: ramdisk_size=100000
Now I have appended this to the grub/menu.lst and I am happy ()
Hi,
I am using a hd installation from Knoppix 3.4( (2004.05.17) with Kernel 2.6.5
It works fine, but the root-filesystem is not journailed
dmesg issues:
I have inspected initrd.img-2.6.5:Code:RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0 RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 4194304 EXT2-fs warning (device hda4): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
All files ot the initrd-image a readable (I copied them after mount -o loop into a tar-archive)
Question: Has anyyone this error too?
du issues (all files of the initrd): 9961
Where do I found the size of the ramdisk?
Greetings from Munich
Jones
I found the trick!
My boot manager is GRUB, not LILO. In the /etc/lilo.conf built from knoppix_install I found the solution: ramdisk_size=100000
Now I have appended this to the grub/menu.lst and I am happy ()

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00