-
Senior Member
registered user
[klik] RealPlayer 10
RealPlayer 10, based on the Helix Community Player, is now available for one-klik-installation on Knoppix:
http://klik.berlios.de
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: [klik] RealPlayer 10

Originally Posted by
probono
RealPlayer 10, based on the Helix Community Player, is now available for one-klik-installation on Knoppix:
http://klik.berlios.de
Nice. On another note, I've been using Kaffeine lately to deal with almost all of my multimedia files. The mozilla plugin for Kaffeine also seems to work much better than the one for Mozilla. The mplayer plugin for mozilla chokes on some windows and real files but they seem to work fine with the Kaffeine plugin. Also with Kaffeine you can record streams.
-
How I installed RealPlayer 10 Gold on my Knoppix v3.7 LiveCD
Using Knoppix v3.7 I was able to install and run Realplayer 10 Gold while
running the live CD on my PIII 766Mhz 150MB RAM system.
As I have had some problems installing and using on Knoppix the
RealPlayer10gold.rpm RPM packaged RealPlayer Helix player for Linux
downloaded directly from:
http://www.real.com/linux/?src=reala...ce_1_1_2_1_9_2
This morning I used the one-click Klik installation package found at
http://realplayer10gold.klik.atekon.de/
Before I could click on the download and install link at the above klik page,
I had to press Alt-F2 and type the following command as I was informed on the
http://klik.atekon.de/ home page in order to install the klik client:
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
After that clicking on the link at the http://realplayer10gold.klik.atekon.de/ page:
klik://realplayer10gold it downloaded the following package: realplayer10Gold.cmg
onto my desktop, ran the installation script which asked me to confirm some settings
and then presto RealPlayer opened on my desktop. The download was 7.2Mb as opposed
to the 6.4Mb download rpm from the Real site.
I was able to load in a video from the Internet and watch it immediately.
Ctrl+F is the command for the Full Screen mode view for those that like it.
And Esc to exit ful screen mode.
The link for the RealPlayer10Gold showed up under my K menu named:
Applications Installed by Klik
For the future I have saved a copy of the realplayer10gold.cmg package to
my hard disk to avoid the download next time I boot from my Knoppix CD on
this computer.
The only bug I noticed was that the mozilla plug- in to view real content embedded
into web pages did not seem to work.
Doublezz
Similar Threads
-
By dimpflmoser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 10:34 PM
-
Replies: 210
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:41 AM
-
By mpeters13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 09:56 PM
-
By thewalkingman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99