Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: no sound with knoppix 3.4 mandrake 10 ok (ac97)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    23

    no sound with knoppix 3.4 mandrake 10 ok (ac97)

    any help in this regard would be appreciated. here's the list:

    root@Knoppixbox:/home/dom# lspci -v
    0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    Capabilities: [e4] #09 [0106]

    0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82865G Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    Memory at ffa80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    I/O ports at ec00 [size=8]
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 1

    0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #1 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at c400 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    I/O ports at c800 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #3 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at cc00 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #4 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
    Memory at ffa7f400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]

    0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB/EB/ER Hub interface to PCI Bridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
    Memory behind bridge: ff800000-ff8fffff

    0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Bridge (rev 02)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

    0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) Ultra ATA 100 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at ffa0 [size=16]
    Memory at 3f000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

    0000:00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB (ICH5) Serial ATA 150 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at e800 [size=8]
    I/O ports at e400 [size=4]
    I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
    I/O ports at dc00 [size=4]
    I/O ports at d800 [size=16]

    0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
    I/O ports at d400 [size=32]

    0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) Aroot@Knoppixbox:/home/dom# lspci -v
    0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    Capabilities: [e4] #09 [0106]

    0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82865G Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    Memory at ffa80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
    I/O ports at ec00 [size=8]
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 1

    0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #1 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at c400 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    I/O ports at c800 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #3 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at cc00 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #4 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
    Memory at ffa7f400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]

    0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB/EB/ER Hub interface to PCI Bridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
    Memory behind bridge: ff800000-ff8fffff

    0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Bridge (rev 02)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

    0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) Ultra ATA 100 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at ffa0 [size=16]
    Memory at 3f000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

    0000:00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB (ICH5) Serial ATA 150 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at e800 [size=8]
    I/O ports at e400 [size=4]
    I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
    I/O ports at dc00 [size=4]
    I/O ports at d800 [size=16]

    0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
    I/O ports at d400 [size=32]

    0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
    Memory at ffa7fc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
    Memory at ffa7f800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

    0000:01:02.0 Serial controller: 5610 56K FaxModem 56K FaxModem Model 5610 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
    Subsystem: 5610 56K FaxModem: Unknown device 00d3
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
    I/O ports at b800 [size=8]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

    0000:01:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82562EZ 10/100 Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 2019
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
    Memory at ff8ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    I/O ports at bc00 [size=64]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

    root@Knoppixbox:/home/dom#

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    23

    Fixed it! Pays to read posts

    I must have overlooked the post about alsaconfig. That did the trick.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    111
    Where is the post about alsaconfig?

Similar Threads

  1. AC97 - no sound. Segmentation fault with 3.9
    By docbill in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM
  2. Ac97 detected, no sound
    By greygooseplz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 10:12 AM
  3. Problem with AC97 sound
    By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 04:31 PM
  4. Via 8235 AC97 sound workaround
    By rblanken in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 09:54 PM
  5. sound card detection AC97
    By myrrdex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options picture

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options

$259.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50