-
Can't change the refresh rate
Hey, I just did a hd install of knoppix, but i've noticed that the quality of my display is very poor (ie: text is all choppy, etc). The control center tells me my refresh rate is set at 70 Hz, but it should be set at 60. The control center won't allow me to change it however. I was just wondering how I can fix this problem. I've tried other distributions with KDE and haven't had this problem with any of them.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Check out this thread, especially the post at the bottom from m_yates about where to get and how to install the "xconf" program.
(Warning: A refresh rate of 60 Hz will flicker a lot! -- edit -- and I can't see how it would have anything to do with how the fonts are displayed.)
-
I gave that a try, but my xconf settings were changed back after rebooting. And if it's not the refresh rate, any idea what might be the cause? I forgot to mention that this is a flat panel lcd monitor as well (Dell 1504FP). Thanks
-
TFTs are build with a natural resolution:
15" are mostly 1024x786
17" and 19" are build with 1280x1024.
If you use a different, ie. not the natural, resolution you may get a poor display output.
BTW. eco2geek: TFT or LCD display love 60Hz. They do NOT (unlike tubes)
flicker with this refreshrates. I learned it the hard way (85Hz on an old TFT),
no picture ....
/agni
-
Thanks! But could you tell me how I can change the refresh rate? 70 Hz is the only option in the kde control panel.
Similar Threads
-
By rehorne in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
-
By Rivendell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-19-2003, 02:50 PM
-
By bateto_007 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 06:02 PM
-
By rogerrog in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99