Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix & virtual pc 6

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    knoppix & virtual pc 6

    Hello,

    First, let me say that this is my first experience with Linux of any sort and completely new to it.

    I've succesully installed Knoppix 3.3 onto Virtual PC 6 for Mac OS X.
    However, I cannot connect to the host PC or share the internet connection.
    I'm stuck inside the Knoppix 'box', so to speak.

    I tried configuring the Lisa daemon and running it from a root console with the 'lisa' command, but still can't browse the internet or find anything on the LAN browser of Konqueror.

    I tried LinNeighborhood and see the host address of 10.0.1.4, but it's completely empty, even though I've turned personal file sharing on in Mac OS X.

    I don't think there are any 'virtual pc additions' for linux, let alone knoppix.

    Is there any way I can share files with the OS X host other than burning CDs (not too elegant)? Browsing the web isn't as important to me, since I can always do that in OS X.

    Thanks in advance for any help,
    -H-

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    linNeighborhood broswers window shares. (samba) I think you need to type mac://{ip here} to get it to work.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    internet working

    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    I did get the internet connection working by changing the virtual pc settings to 'virtual switch' instead of 'shared network'.

Similar Threads

  1. Using knoppix with a virtual machine like dsl, possible?
    By B@se in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 07:23 PM
  2. Knoppix & MS Virtual PC
    By TimWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
  3. Knoppix in a Virtual PC virtual machine hosted under Win XP
    By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
  4. Virtual CD for knoppix
    By cinzano in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:30 AM
  5. Knoppix on Virtual PC (Mac)
    By orang55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW picture

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW

$450.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules picture

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules

$69.00