-
knoppix saved my ass!
When my wifes HDD started to die, Knoppix was able to access all partitions when Mandrake 9.x, 10.x, could not, I salvaged data that allowed my marriage to continue (its allways my fault you know). I use Knoppix as my primary OS at home and at work, but my boss dosn't get it, treats it like a toy- this seems typical of older linux users - why?
-
yea man, Knoppix rescued all the data off of my 100 gb maxtor that would not even spin in windoze.
only about 500 mb of files could not be saved.
It was totaly unexpected, I thought the data was gone for good and then one day I fooled a round with knoppix and I could access the drive!
Similar Threads
-
By chone in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 05:48 AM
-
By tr in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
-
By knoppix_lover in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By Xanthus179 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:04 PM
-
By vasudevram in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield
$49.95

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99