I now have 3.4 installed on my hd. I'm wondering if there is a way to have Knoppix automatically boot into kernl 2.65 without having to choose
between 2.4 and 2.6 using the Knoppix GUI at boot?
TIA, Jesse
I now have 3.4 installed on my hd. I'm wondering if there is a way to have Knoppix automatically boot into kernl 2.65 without having to choose
between 2.4 and 2.6 using the Knoppix GUI at boot?
TIA, Jesse
su to root
then
emacs /etc/lilo.conf
scroll down you should see something that says
default = "Linux"
and underneath that you should see three things like Linux, 2.4, 2.6 or somehting like that
to make 2.6 default boot, change where it says default = "Linux" to whatever the label of the 2.6 is.
Then save that
Then in the console type: lilo
I tried editing "default="Linux" to: default=2.6.6 which doesn't work.
Has this actually worked for you?
TIA, Jesse
yeah... i changed the label of whatever the 2.6 label was to "2.6"
then set: default = "2.6"
you have to run lilo after for it to work
PROhan: Thanks much for the information. It works!
default="Linux(2.6)-2" I typed lilo from the command line and rebooted, as you suggested.
Thanks, again.
Jesse
no problem... i'm glad it worked out

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01