-
Recommend 2.5" USB HD case?
I'm getting to love Knoppix and would like to be able to carry around a CD and an ext. USB hard drive with my data (I have a 256MB USB flash drive, but that's not enough storage). I have an old, cheap Genesys? USB 1 case with a 10GB 2.5" drive installed which I've used on Macs and Windows PCs, but the drive won't mount with Knoppix 3.3 or 3.4 with the 2.4 kernel. It will mount with the 2.6 kernel if only the usb-storage.o module is loaded, but if I load other modules Knoppix freezes while booting.
Is anyone out there sucessfully using with Knoppix 3.4 a case meeting the following:
- external USB
- bus-powered
- case for use with one's own 2.5" HD (I can't afford a whole new drive but have several loose 2.5" drives)?
If so, can you let me know the brand and model? (I don't want to boot from the HD, just mount it and transfer data.)
Alternately, any suggestions for getting the drive in my Genesys? (Gen641/Gen700) case to mount?
Many thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By PlantPerson in forum Networking
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 03:47 PM
-
By kevstar31 in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By agency in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:07 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By dougvega in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Corsair CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHZ
$78.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99