-
cannot proceed using knoppix-installer !
Hey All:
Just trying to get a little ahead of the Linux Learning curve, and I need a little assistance. I'm am trying to install Ver. 3.3 build 11-19-03. My desire is to set up a dual boot environment on the HDD (30 GB Seagate Ultra ATA Drive) I've sucessfully used Qt-parted to give myself some Free space to partition for ROOT (4+GB) and SWAP (700+MB). This is where I run into a problem. I've already set up these partitions (both ext3) and when I "Sudo Knoppix-Installer" the first thing that happens (I'm sure by design) is that QTParted opens to create partitions. From there I get nowhere
! It just stalls and the script doesn't continue. I'm sure it's simple, but being a knewb, I am missing something. The partitions are there already ! how do I get to the point that knoppix-installer asks where to install ? Also I have seen opinions posted re: dual booting and wanted to know if general opinion is that LILO will do a sufficient job from the MBR for Dual booting. I've made it this far and I really don't want to corrupt anything that will prohibit me from Dual Booting.
Thanks for your Valued Input !
Similar Threads
-
By jonli in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
-
By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 10:01 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00