-
Junior Member
registered user
Help! apt-get nonfunctional--no ftp2.de.debian.org??!??
I can't get apt-get to work at all. It tries and tries and tries to connecto to ftp2.de.debian.org, but always times out and never succeeds in connecting. Maybe ftp2.de.debian.org is no longer a valid source site?
This is extremely frustrating to me because I fubar'd Mozilla Firefox while making the fatal mistake of actually daring to try to install an extension (magpie). After having no success whatsoever in removing this extension, or even finding where it was stored, I decided to use apt-get to uninstall Mozilla Firefox entirely. Much to my frustration, it has been impossible to apt-get update, much less apt-get install.
I would appreciate any help!
As far as I can tell, ftp2.de.debian.org doesn't exist, nor has it existed for days. (I had been trying to install chbg for about a week, now, with no success.)
Here is my /etc/apt/sources.list:
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By kompressor in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95