Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem when booting Knoppix (Orinoco Silver PCMCIA)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8

    Problem when booting Knoppix (Orinoco Silver PCMCIA)

    I have been messing with this issue for awhile now. I am using Knoppix 3.4 and when I boot get a black screen which does nothing. If I use a cheat (knoppix acpi=off noscsi) it will load but only to this stage:

    PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr.

    cardmgr[82] starting, version is 3.2.5
    cardmgr[82] socket 0: Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Adapter
    cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe hermes'
    cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco'
    cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco_cs'

    I am using a Orinoco Silver PCMCIA card. I do know and have used the "failsafe" cheat with success, but want to be able to use my wireless card. Also if I do use the "failsafe" cheat Knoppix loads VERY slow. I have had same problem with the Orinoco loadup using knoppix 3.3 but not the blank screen nor the slow loading.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Computer is Presario 2195US

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8
    Also as soon as "PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr." shows a loud beep sound is heard. Dunno if that helps any

Similar Threads

  1. Orinoco Silver/b
    By gravity in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:47 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
  4. Problem when booting Knoppix (Orinoco Silver PCMCIA)
    By jsl81 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:04 PM
  5. 3.2 and Dell Inspiron 2500 with Orinoco silver 802.11b
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C9400-LC-24XS Catalyst 9400 24-Port 10G SFP+ Line Card Module NEW SEALED picture

Cisco C9400-LC-24XS Catalyst 9400 24-Port 10G SFP+ Line Card Module NEW SEALED

$2804.00



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available

$97.49



Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop picture

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop

$44.99



Cisco ASR 9001 Router 2x A9K-MPA-4X10GE Dual AC Tested Working picture

Cisco ASR 9001 Router 2x A9K-MPA-4X10GE Dual AC Tested Working

$1199.99