Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: KDEprinting problem

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    KDEprinting problem

    If I go into the the KDE control center /peripherals/printers, the KDE control center crashes. Moreover, I can no longer print from KDE apps. If I start start the control center from the command line, I get the following error message:

    kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/kids/ group not valid.
    knoppix@Knoppix:~$ kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/kids/ group not valid.
    I'm not sure what's happening here. Anyone else having this problem? /usr/share/icons/kids/ is a valid path for me. This a group/permissions problem?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm getting the same crash w/o the error message on a second computer. That fact alone makes it seem strange to me that I'm the only one seeing this. Has no one else run into this problem? Recent upgrades break kdeprint?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    I have the same problem, but somehow also people from other distributions are complaining, very unhandy tough....
    Robert

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bedfordshire, South-east England
    Posts
    5

    Printing with KDE

    I am not 100% sure about this, as I do not have Knoppix on this computer, but if you go to the Knoppix menu on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, there is an item there about setting up a printer.
    Alternatively, in the main KDE menu, there is an menu tree for Knoppix, and there is the same menu set for setting up a printer in Knoppix. I can only assume that there is some special thing for creating a printer under Knoppix than under KDE.

    HTH

    Paul.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Right,

    I'm having a problem printing with the 17th May version installed to HD using the Beginner's method and kernel26.

    I set up an Epson printer, printed the test page OK, but am unable to print, for example, from Opera 7.50.

    mvh

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8

    Kprinter crashes

    I can print from kwrite, but it is kprinter that is causing the problem. Could anyone of you try to start kprinter from the commandline?

    launching Kprinter from the command lines, gives this message:
    kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
    ---------------------------------
    It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
    that it is not already running, remove /home/knoppix/.DCOPserver_knoppix_:0
    and start dcopserver again.
    COPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
    DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
    WARNING: DCOP communication problem!

    regards,
    Robert

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz

$165.00



Intel Core i9-9900KF 3.60GHz 8-Core LGA1151 CPU SRFAA - Tested Working picture

Intel Core i9-9900KF 3.60GHz 8-Core LGA1151 CPU SRFAA - Tested Working

$169.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.40GHz 8 Core 100-000000651 16 Thread AM4 CPU picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.40GHz 8 Core 100-000000651 16 Thread AM4 CPU

$290.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 8-Core 16 Thread LGA 1200 11th Gen Desktop CPU SRKND picture

Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 8-Core 16 Thread LGA 1200 11th Gen Desktop CPU SRKND

$270.00