-
Backup NTFS partition with Knoppix live cd?
Hmm I browsed through the forum for a bit but couldn't find something exactly like what I'm thinking. If I were to boot up with a Knoppix live cd, would there be a way for me to back up an NTFS partition to dvdrw? Since from my understanding, there isn't going to be any space for an image to be created to do the burning? For example, if I use ntfsclone ( ) and pipe this into a mkisofs and pipe that into cdrecord...something like:
Code:
ntfsclone --output ntfs.img /dev/hda1 | bzip2 -c > ntfs.img.bz2 | mkisofs -r | cdrecord dev=0,3,0 -v --eject speed=4 -
Unless mkisofs can't be fed like that..
Lol, I'm completely clueless. But say IF mkisofs can be piped to ( I dunno if it can or not ) would this be doable on a live cd where there is no space for an intermediate image?
Hmm..
-Michael Hsu
Similar Threads
-
By Drake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-19-2005, 02:11 AM
-
By GaTk in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By mconzo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2004, 04:15 AM
-
By raymond139 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server
$880.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK hynix 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH Server Memory
$300.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00