Hello,
I'm getting some trouble with having my HD-installed Knoppix 3.4 getting my printer to work. It's properly detected and configured by Cups (and my test pages are quite fine), but when I print some pages from an application (e.g. Openoffice or gv) it happens that "the top half of the page was very pixelated and the bottom was cut off", just as exposed here.
What's weird is, when I had Knoppix 3.3 installed, this didn't happen (as my 5L worked fine with previous Linux installation such as Redhat 9 and before).
I searched the Web seeking for a fix, but I found only:
Has anybody some better solution than changing my old but working HP 5L?
- use LaserJet 4 drivers instead of 5L ones -> no good
- remove and reinstall Cups -> removing Cups would remove lots of packages (when I dared do this, I had to reinstall all after
)
TnX

Adobe FrameMaker 5 Macintosh Vintage 1996 Software CD Floppies Box Manuals
$129.99
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac
$299.00
7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Apple Macintosh System 7.5 Vintage 1994 Mac OS 2 Original CDs Box Manual
$70.00
Lot of 15+ Vintage Claris ClarisWorks for Macintosh 3.5" floppy disk (SEALED)
$165.00
COOLER MASTER AERO 7 LITE CPU HEATSINK SOCKET A 370 462 VINTAGE NEW AMD INTEL
$89.95
Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC
$90.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99