-
Junior Member
registered user
HP LaserJet 5L and Cups
Hello,
I'm getting some trouble with having my HD-installed Knoppix 3.4 getting my printer to work. It's properly detected and configured by Cups (and my test pages are quite fine), but when I print some pages from an application (e.g. Openoffice or gv) it happens that "the top half of the page was very pixelated and the bottom was cut off", just as exposed here.
What's weird is, when I had Knoppix 3.3 installed, this didn't happen (as my 5L worked fine with previous Linux installation such as Redhat 9 and before).
I searched the Web seeking for a fix, but I found only:
- use LaserJet 4 drivers instead of 5L ones -> no good

- remove and reinstall Cups -> removing Cups would remove lots of packages (when I dared do this, I had to reinstall all after
)
Has anybody some better solution than changing my old but working HP 5L?
TnX
Similar Threads
-
By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:46 AM
-
By achim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:19 PM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
-
By jmclain25 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet SM-X200 (Gray 32GB) Wifi CRACKED
$41.93

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68