Hello,
I'm getting some trouble with having my HD-installed Knoppix 3.4 getting my printer to work. It's properly detected and configured by Cups (and my test pages are quite fine), but when I print some pages from an application (e.g. Openoffice or gv) it happens that "the top half of the page was very pixelated and the bottom was cut off", just as exposed here.
What's weird is, when I had Knoppix 3.3 installed, this didn't happen (as my 5L worked fine with previous Linux installation such as Redhat 9 and before).
I searched the Web seeking for a fix, but I found only:
Has anybody some better solution than changing my old but working HP 5L?
- use LaserJet 4 drivers instead of 5L ones -> no good
- remove and reinstall Cups -> removing Cups would remove lots of packages (when I dared do this, I had to reinstall all after
)
TnX

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99