Hello,
I'm getting some trouble with having my HD-installed Knoppix 3.4 getting my printer to work. It's properly detected and configured by Cups (and my test pages are quite fine), but when I print some pages from an application (e.g. Openoffice or gv) it happens that "the top half of the page was very pixelated and the bottom was cut off", just as exposed here.
What's weird is, when I had Knoppix 3.3 installed, this didn't happen (as my 5L worked fine with previous Linux installation such as Redhat 9 and before).
I searched the Web seeking for a fix, but I found only:
Has anybody some better solution than changing my old but working HP 5L?
- use LaserJet 4 drivers instead of 5L ones -> no good
- remove and reinstall Cups -> removing Cups would remove lots of packages (when I dared do this, I had to reinstall all after
)
TnX

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00
Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00
Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486
$199.95
Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99
ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89