i had that problem a long time ago, but it was because some water got into the keyboard, it might just be that. i doubt it is but its still a good idea to check!I was trying to type 'Smartcom' & got 'Smmmmmmmm' instead.
While entering the parameters in kppp I noted that the keyboard was behaving strangely: I was trying to type 'Smartcom' & got 'Smmmmmmmm' instead. This happened no matter what word I typed until I turned off the keyboard repeat, then the key-by-key delay was roughly .5 seconds from when the key was pressed until the character came on the screen.
Before performing HD install the keyboard had no problems. Help! :-\
...Yogi
i had that problem a long time ago, but it was because some water got into the keyboard, it might just be that. i doubt it is but its still a good idea to check!I was trying to type 'Smartcom' & got 'Smmmmmmmm' instead.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99