-
monitor configuration
Hi all,
I'm just learning linux and have just installed knoppix on my hd (for a dual-boot windoze-linux system) and there are two issues that need some tweaking I guess:
1. The message "unable to determine video adapter" was shown at the end of installation.
2. The look and feel of fonts and icons on the KDE desktop are not as they are when running from the CD.
I'm not sure if both things are related. I've checked the xf86config file in /etc/x11/ to see if it's exactly the same as that created when running from the CD. No problems there. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure what the problem is, I really prefer the way things look when running on the CD. Any tips please?
Similar Threads
-
By alghieri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
-
By Kram in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 05:41 AM
-
By Daedaleus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
-
By Delbor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 05:51 PM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Lot of 52 Vintage Various 3.5" Floppy Disks Untested Sold As Parts (B4)
$49.99

Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDS Vintage Laptop For Parts Repair
$99.99

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59